SASSA internships has been announced and it is a national agency of the government and a public entity in terms of Schedule 3A of the Public Finance Management Act. It also has an oversight character over the South African Social Security Agency but no operational control over it.
The South African Social Security Agency was formed in 2005 in order to distribute social grants on behalf of the Department of Social Development. The Department of Social Development is responsible for offering social development protection and welfare services to the public.
So, the South African Social Security Agency was also designed to reallocate the function of social security from SASSA provinces to the national sphere of government. The key functions of the parastatal are related to the administration and payment of social grants.
SASSA is a dynamic organization that offers a range of important services to a diverse group of South Africans. SASSA include the processing of applications, verification and approval of applications, disbursement and payment of grants.
Therefore, SASSA internships programme for the period of 1 year internship contract and interns will receive a monthly stipend of R4200 for a National Diploma and R5200 for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Hence, SASSA Internship Program is designed to help graduates on the Bachelor’s that applicants want to do and young South African graduates looking out for an opportunity to meet.These are totatly paid internships for graduates and others want to start careers journey.You May Also Like: Internship in Japan for International Students 2024 | Internship Programs in Japan
Details of SASSA Internships Program 2023 – www.sassa.gov.za recruitment
|Internship Offered By
|Internship Available In
|Who can apply?
- Human Resources
- Public Management
- Regional Management and Operations
- Solutions Development
- Information and Communication Technology
- Applicants age must be between 18 – 35 years
- Must be eligible to start the Internship in 2023
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to priorities, multi-task and work under pressure
- Must be South African citizens.
- Must have never participated in an internship programme before
- Applicants who need experimental training
SASSA Internship Benefits:
- A monthly stipend of R6084.00 will be paid to successful candidates.
- Experience certificate will be provided to candidates
- CV will be enhanced
How to Apply?
- Candidates interested in applying for a SASSA internship should send their application form.
- Application form can be downloaded from the Vacancy page on this sassa website.
- Appointment will be subjected to compulsory pre-employment screening in the form of qualification, ITC, criminal checks.
- E-mailed applications will be accepted.
- Applicants who have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of the advertisement.
- They must accept that their application has been unsuccessful.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of personal identity document